The DELL Small Projects Grant was created to provide an opportunity for the Robert W. Deutsch Foundation to support local-level collaboration between and among DELL graduates through projects that are small-scale, and short-term. Through the grant, DELL participants are invited to develop creative and collaborative solutions to internet inequity challenges at the community-level. In particular, we are interested in supporting small projects that address a compelling community-identified solution or vision.
$750 grants will be awarded to three distinct collaborative projects.
- The project grant must be made payable to a 501(c)(3) organization or fiscally sponsored project; grants can not be awarded to individuals.
- Applicants must have been a participant in the DELL Spring 2021 class.
- Projects should be collaborative in nature, and include at least two DELL participants.
- Funds must be used for community-based projects, and may not be used to support personal stipends for project leads.
- Events (indoor or outdoor) must be compatible with Baltimore City’s current COVID-19 guidelines.
- The project should be small-scale and short-term in nature, grants should not be used to offset the costs of long-term, pre-existing projects or ongoing operating expenses.
Project materials; food and equipment; supplies; design, etc. that are integral to the development and implementation of qualifying projects. The grant can also be used to compensate guest speakers or trainers.
- Addresses issues related to internet inequity
- Collaboratively developed & implemented by at least two DELL partners
- Increases the skills, knowledge or understanding of the community as it relates to the power of the internet as a tool for transformation
Applications are due by Friday, June 18, 2021, at 5:00pm ET.
Awardees will be notified by Friday, June 25, 2021.
Projects must be completed by Friday, September 17, 2021.
If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to Sarah Edelsburg, Program Manager at the Robert W. Deutsch Foundation, at <email@example.com>. Thank you for your interest!